Food Symposium Target Audience:
- State wide Public health professionals including dietitians, nutritionists, public health nurses, health officers, environmental health specialists, epidemiologists
- Agricultural commissioners & their staff
- Food and sea food industry specialists including farmers, growers, producers, distributors & retailers
- Restaurateurs, markets & chefs
- Food systems experts, analysts & advocates
- Academia, including college students
S3 Competencies to be developed:
- Understand the connection between agriculture, food & health.
- Explore the public health impact of food systems.
- Investigate the role of public health in promoting an S3 food system.
- Discover solutions to a more safe, secure & sustainable food system to protect public health.
- To provide information to decision makers on the various food safety impacts of environmental health to assist with food safety policy and legislation.