Title of Session: Port of Long Beach Tour
Length of Session: Wednesday, May 10 from 9:30am – 12:00pm (2.0 CEU)
Educational Objective: To learn about Port of Long Beach operations from an up close tour of the port. Attendees will learn about the Port of Long Beach as an economic driver as well as the environmental impacts and the innovative ways the port addresses these challenges.
Description of Session: Attendees will experience the port from an “on water” perspective via an expert guided boat tour through the Port of Long Beach. Attendees will see firsthand the operational challenges, environmental impacts and innovative solutions implemented in this world class port.
Anticipated Educational Outcomes for Session:
• Learn about the history of the Port of Long Beach
• Learn about environmental impacts associated with port operations.
• Learn about the Port’s “Green Port” program.
• Learn about the Port’s “Clean Air Action Plan”
• Learn about new developments in the Port of Long Beach
• Learn about mitigative and permanent grant programs funded through the port.
Qualifications and Resume of Speakers/Presenter:
Renee Moilanen is the Manager of Air Quality Practices at the Port of Long Beach, the second busiest seaport in North America. She oversees the Port’s groundbreaking efforts to reduce port-related air pollution and community impacts, including a technology advancement program focused on zero-emissions equipment, incentives for cleaner ships and trucks, and annual tracking of port-related emissions. She holds a Master of Public Policy degree from UCLA.